Sunday, September 9, 2007

Let there be drums

AllOneTrackWhenICanHearMyself (mp3)
Several hours later and alot of rewiring. Switched to using the USB output feed from the mixer to the PC, which is a much lower level and seemed to stop most of the clipping at max volume. Also learned that the Fender amp modeler in the Zoom pedal adds too much distortion too soon - not gonna use that anymore. Here is my modified version of a section of a Morrissey song, Let Me Kiss You. This is me playing along with just a drum beat while listening to the drums and live guitar via the mixer monitor. "Clean" amp and some chorus and compressor on. Had to up the gain in Audacity to get reasonable MP3 volume, which doesn't make me happy. However, I am very happy that with this setup and using both guitar pickups, I got nice bass-like sound and lead-like sound at the same time. This is just one track with the Yamaha only doing drums.

No comments: