Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Fender CD-60

NewGuitar (mp3)

Brought the Telecaster to the shop for a full setup, since several things were bugging me about it. Didn't want to be without one for a few days so I got an acoustic one with case, which I'm planning on bringing to Mexico. :-)

Fender Website

Much higher action, very confusing hearing myself in both the monitor and from the guitar when I tried to record this. Electric is easy cause I can turn up the monitor to drown out the guitar itself. This is recorded from the built-in pickup, which has a very bright sound to it, it seems, but there are some adjustments I can play with after I've played it a few days and get used to it physically. New strings always sound that way to me anyway.

Note that you can hear my drum machine in the background, being heard via the guitar's internal pickup.

No comments: