Sunday, August 9, 2009

Da Amp

Finally broke down and got a real amplifier. I'm actually glad a waited a bit, 'cause I wouldn't have understood what my options were or how to use most stuff.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, 1x12 tube amp.

Was having major problems trying to record off of it, until I cranked it up some more. The mic is much happier for levels now, but I have a *lot* of messing around until I get anything that sounds like what I hear. This is the first passable snippet. This is as clean as I can make the sound.

fendertest (mp3)

The overall level is still too low, I need to go back and look at the mixer docs to figure out how to leave the levels alone as much as possible as it goes through it. This is using the USB to dump the final onto the laptop, which may be a problem too.

No comments: